Last Updated: 22nd May 2018
The Westerham Society is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal data in accordance with Data Protection legislation.
This privacy notice explains who we are, what information we collect, how we store and use it and how you can exercise your privacy rights in relation to that data.
Who we are
The Westerham Society is a civic society open to people who share an interest in Westerham and the surrounding countryside. In addition to hosting a series of talks, visits and social events, the society aims to protect the beauty and character of Westerham and the surrounding countryside. It takes action on relevant issues and represents its members on matters that might impact on the welfare or development of the town.
What data does the Westerham Society collect?
The Westerham Society collects certain limited data about its members from the application form to join the Westerham Society, namely the applicant’s name, e-mail address, postal address and telephone number.
How does the Westerham Society use your data?
We use this data to inform you of upcoming Westerham Society events and activities and to coordinate your bookings for events. Very occasionally, the Society may send you details of local events not organised by the Society, but which are relevant to the membership and in line with the Society’s activities.
Where is the data stored?
The data is stored on an encrypted and password-protected Westerham Society database. This database is accessed by the database creator / web host and by the Membership Secretary of the Westerham Society.
Email addresses are also stored on MailChimp, the email programme used by the Westerham Society for distributing its mailings to members. The Westerham Society Events Secretary accesses MailChimp for this purpose.
Who do we share your personal data with?
The information we store for you is not shared with any third parties. The data is only used by the Westerham Society to run the Society and provide events for its members and for no other purpose.
How long do we retain your personal data?
The Westerham Society will retain your data for up to two years, for the purpose of year-end accounting.
- You can ask to ‘opt out’ of receiving Westerham Society correspondence at any time by contacting the Membership Secretary on 01959 561265, by emailing email@example.com or by ‘unsubscribing’ on MailChimp.
- You can be removed from the Westerham Society database records.
- You can ask to see what information the Westerham Society stores on you and request a copy of it. The Westerham Society is obliged to fulfill this request within one calendar month of your request.
- You can ask to have your history deleted.
- You can ask the Westerham Society to change the data the Westerham Society holds for you.
The Westerham Society
Tel: 01959 561265
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for the Membership Secretary